Have you ever felt like everything you do, goes wrong? Is this feeling ever been so bad that you start thinking about things you can do, that might stop this suffocating feeling? The feeling of not beeing able to breath and that elephant you’re carrying on your back seems to get bigger and bigger every day. It might feel like your end of the road is nearby, but wait…..
It’s not too late.
Depression… It’s a feeling caused by difficulty. Difficulty in life, who seems to take over your mind, body and soul. Everybody got these days, that you’re feeling sad and useless, once in a while. But what if the days becomes weeks and the weeks becomes months? This might be something bigger than just a sadness. Depression is getting underestimated and not always taken serious. People who got a depression don’t seem to notice this and because of the ignorance, it’s difficult for the people around you, to notice something is wrong with you.
Symptoms of depression:
- a hopeless and helpless feeling (more than 2 weeks)
- lack of interest in normal activity and other people
- negative thoughts take over your mind and shuts down positive thinking
- feeling like your bed is your best friend and you don’t want to leave it or you might not get any sleep at all
- You can’t concentrate on easy tasks like watching tv or do the dishes
feeling guilty and unnecessary
- being irritable, short-tempered, or more aggressive than usual
- eating too much or not at all
- consuming more alchohol than normal or even using drugs
- feeling like your life is a big burden and you got the desire to leave it….
I don’t know if it’s a feeling of shame that prevent people from asking for help. Or wait… I DO know it’s a feeling of shame. Why? Because people are too judgmental about one other. We are living like we don’t care about each other and all we do is point fingers. We need to stop being selfish and with our nose all up in our phones all the time (for example), because there might be someone standing next to you who’s “screaming” for your help. I want to write more about depressions, like how you can get it and what you can do about it, in my next blog. ‘I think it’s something that needs to get more attention, because a lot of people are suffering from it in silence.’
Dear neighbors a baby who wants something or needs something makes noise,
why can’t you?