Depression: How do you get it? How do you get rid of it?
Everybody is able to get a depression, even children. It’s ridiculous but true. I mean, what kinda problems does a child have, to be depressed? Well, it can be everything, from being bullied to being abused, sexually, physically or mentally. Everybody who is able to stress and feel pain is able to get a depression, so yes, even you.
What causes depressions?: Of course it’s different for different people, sometimes you can even get depressed for no obvious reason, but mostly there will be triggers, like:
– being abused or bullied,
– having bad historical experiences with family or friends,
– mental illness,
– arguments, seperations or divorce,
– poor self esteem,
– someone who leaves your daily life,
– not being able to open up and talk to others, or have people around you who you can trust,
– being in dept,
– feeling lonely,
– letting others put you down.
So all these triggers can put someone in a depression, but there are also chronic illnesses that can depress someone, like: heart disease, back pain and cancer.
How do you get rid of it?
So here is this bitch, who likes you to feel helpless and not in control. The only way to get back control over your life, is to make a movement. If it’s not a visit to your doctor, take a walk around the block, go to the gym or go to a musea for god sake, do whatever you’re good at. It’s a MUST, that you leave your house and do something active. If you don’t want to do it alone, ask a friend with you. If you don’t have friends, search for a support group. You’ll be amazed by how many people are feeling just like you.
A visit to your doctor is the most obvious first thing you need to do. Especially when you got insurance. You’re already paying them every month to get you guys better, don’t get it twisted. The doctor will ask you about what, why and since when. Together you should figure out a way to manage your symptoms and doctors have a wide range of treatments, as well medical and non-medical.
A few things you could be doing yourself to help you get rid of a depression:
– Raise your self-esteem, the way you think about yourself is a big trigger for depressions. Someone who’s depressed will feel worthless and will think in a negative way all the time. You start to neglect yourself and this makes you feel uglier than ever. Do you think your self-esteem is low, visit psychcentral.com, to read about things you can do to increase your self-esteem.
– Having people around you is also a must! Go visit a friend or your family, those are the people you should be able to talk to when you’re feeling down. If you don’t have friends or family, go on Social Media to keep in touch with the outside. Search on Google for local groups or forums who talks about your problem. You’ll be surprised on what you can find on Google.
– Don’t let responsibilities overwhelm you. Ask for help when it`s already starting to feel like it’s getting too much. If it’s at work, talk to the health department or your boss. If it’s financial, search up information about having depth. Every City got his department for that, because guess what? Money problems are EVERYWHERE.
– Make sure you keep a routine in your daily life. Like work, or work outs or backing cakes (could be fun). A feeling of achieving something, is good for your mental health. Being active also gives you more energie, this way you don’t want to sleep all the time.
There are different types of depression. After a pregnancy you can get in a Postpartum Depression for example. You can also suffer from Bipolar Disorder, this gives you mood changes from another level. Did you know that even the change of seasons, can get people depressed? If you want to read more about these 3 and other kinds of depression, visit: www.webmd.com
Having a depression is not weird neighbors, it could happen to everyone, but it does not have to KILL. It’s not uncommon that people who suffer from a depression have thoughts about suicide. People who are suicidal only live at that moment. That moment, when you think there’s no other way out than by killing yourself. It’s not that these people don’t want to live anymore, but they just want the pain to stop. Suicidal people actually want to be heard. They don’t need judgement and a sermon. They need affection and love, someone who listens and understands. Someone who looks at them and says: ‘I’m here and i care.’
Since depression is something not likely to beat alone, it’s important for people, to be open for others in trouble. And for those who are in trouble: ‘Don’t be ashamed, you’re not alone.’ Communication is the key! We need to care and help more, because you’ll never know:…
When the “Bitch” is coming to your house!